Get all your information on Olivia's upcoming Burgundy and Provence Riverboat Cruise II.
2022 BURGUNDY AND PROVENCE RIVERBOAT CRUISE II
|START DATE||END DATE||FEE|
|Cancellation 365 days or more prior to trip date||7/26/2021||50% of trip cost|
|Cancellation 0-364 days prior to trip date||7/27/2021||7/26/2022||100% of trip cost (no refund)|
To help you get ready for your vacation, we’ve partnered with New Headings to create Olivia Travel Gear, our own online gear and apparel store featuring items from leading brands, including Craghoppers, Patagonia, Teva, Outdoor Research, and Eagle Creek. Visit olivia.newheadings.com for more information!
If you are a US citizen, you DO NOT need a visa. If you are not a US citizen, please check with both your country’s consulate and the consulate or embassy of France for visa requirements. You will also need a passport that is valid for six months past the first date of the trip and has at least two blank pages.
For a travel insurance quote, more information or to purchase a protection plan, please call Olivia at (800) 631-6277 and select option 1 for a Travel Consultant.
- Early morning transfer from host hotel in Paris to the ship in Lyon on July 26, with a stop in Beaune with included tour (choice of wine tasting or the Hotel Dieu tour) (travel time is approx. 5 hours). Included sightseeing tours in Beaune, Lyon, Tain-l’Hermitage-Tournon, Viviers, Avignon, Arles, and Port-Saint-Louis Camargue Nature Reserves
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights in Comfort Collection beds with Egyptian super-combed cotton linens on board Avalon’s ms Poetry II
- All meals while on board, with a French cheese and French cuisine option each evening
- Wines from France’s most famous wine regions, beer, or soft drinks with lunches and dinners and complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; coffee, tea, and juice with all meals; premium coffee, cappuccino, lattes, hot chocolate, and tea throughout the day; and filtered water to fill up your reusable water bottles
- Cookies and fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Complimentary wifi on board
- Bicycles and Nordic walking sticks available while docked
- Gratuities to ships staff, your tour guides, and bus drivers
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Local Entertainment, commentaries while cruising, and historic talks by local expert and Avalon Cruise Director
- Group transfer from ship in Port Saint Louis to Marseille airport on August 2 (for flights departing after 10:30 am)
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
- Wall-to-wall panoramic windows
- Non-smoking interior
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Headsets for all guided shore excursions in Europe
- Sightseeing with Certified Local Guides
- Onboard lectures, activities, and nightly entertainment
- Room service for Continental breakfast and beverages (service fee applies)
- Complimentary wifi access
- Alternate light lunch and dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Behind-the-scenes ship tour
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- English-speaking TV channels with over 100 free movie options
- Delectable petite portions of regional specialties, with wines, in the Panorama Bistro
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate, and premium coffees
- Complimentary maps
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs
- Outside viewing deck
- Friendly, English-speaking crew
- Cruise Director
- Revolutionary engineering
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Onboard movie nights
- Bicycles you can check out and use around many port towns for free
- Avalon choice cruising experience
- Choice of leisurely, traditional, or independent sightseeing options
- Local favorites onboard experiences with local chefs, entertainers, artisans, and experts
- Onboard assistance is available to recommend, reserve, and further personalize your cruise
- Sky Deck game area
- Well-stocked library
- Expanded Fitness Center
- Selection of local favorites to bring the customs, cultures, and tastes of your destination to life
- All Panorama and Royal Suites have wall-to-wall panoramic windows
- Comfort Collection Beds℠
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Soft and firm pillows
- Choice of bed configuration
- Bedside tables with reading lamps
- L'Occitane bath products
- Easy under-bed luggage storage
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary bottled water
- Individual climate control
- Large mirror in bathroom
- Two windows
- Writing desk
- Memory foam mattress toppers
- European-style duvets
- Extra blankets
- Nightly turn-down service
- Spacious 3-door closets with shelves for ample storage
- Flatscreen satellite TV with movie channel
- Direct-dial telephone
- Well-stocked mini-bar (billed on consumption)
- In-room safe
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Complimentary wifi
- Full shower with glass door
The ship docks in Port Saint Louis on August 1 and overnights. For guests departing after 10 am on August 2, a complimentary group transfer will depart for Marseille airport at approximately 6 am or 6:15 am. The Marseille airport is about 60 minutes from the ship, and a minimum 3-hour check-in is required.
However, if you choose to do your own transfer to the Marseille airport, your flight can depart at any time because we will be overnighting in Port Saint Louis the evening prior. The airport is about one hour and 10 minutes from the ship. If you are not taking the group transfer, you are welcome to stay on the ship, store your luggage and remain in the lounge until the early afternoon, but you will need to vacate your cabin by 8 am. The reception desk can assist you in arranging your transfer needs to your next destination.
There are no waiting taxis in Port Saint Louis. Private taxis can be arranged on the ship. Pre-arranged private taxis will run approximately 250+ Euros to Marseille.
Should you have a later flight out of Marseille and would like to store your luggage, you can take the early morning included transfer to the Marseille airport. From there, you can store your luggage at the airport or any of the downtown Marseille areas from this website: https://luggagehero.com/de/luggage-storage-guide/marseille. You can arrange for your own taxi to wherever you wanted to go in Marseille from the airport, and return by taxi in the later afternoon for your flight.
This trip requires some mobility without the use of a wheelchair or scooter, as most of the tours are walking tours for up to 3 hours, which may include walking on cobblestone streets and stairs. A ‘Gentle Walkers’ group is offered on most included walking tours, which accommodates those needing a little extra time and sometimes offers a shortened version of a tour, designed to encounter as few stairs as possible.
If you are bringing a portable wheelchair or collapsible travel scooter, you must be able to collapse it and store it in your cabin. It cannot be used to get around the ship, only while off the ship on tours that are wheelchair/scooter accessible. On tours, the usefulness of a portable wheelchair or scooter may be limited because we will be navigating cobblestone streets with hard curbs (no curb cutouts) and stairs.
If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.