Few places on earth can lay claim to such superlative natural wonders as Africa. South Africa is a on the southernmost tip of the African continent, marked by several distinct ecosystems. Inland safari destination Kruger National Park is populated by big game. The Western Cape offers beaches, lush winelands around Stellenbosch and Paarl, craggy cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope, forest and lagoons along the Garden Route, and the city of Cape Town, beneath flat-topped Table Mountain and is one of the world's most beautiful cities. From almost any vantage point, there's a mountain or an ocean in view, and often both.
Having the opportunity to experience such diverse parts of a country in one vacation makes Olivia’s South Africa Adventure; a trip of a lifetime.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
*Voted World’s Best Tour Operator & Safari Outfitter — Travel & Leisure Magazine
*Voted Trip of a Lifetime — Travel & Leisure Magazine
*Voted Best Outfitters on Earth — National Geographic Adventure Magazine
- Cape Town
- Franschhoek / Cape Winelands
- Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge / Safari
For more information about your accommodations, click here.
- Accommodations for 11 days/10 nights in the finest hotels and safari lodge
- Airport group arrival transfer and departure transfers on days of program (May 11 and May 21) with “Meet and Greet” upon arrival in the Arrivals Hall at the Cape Town International Airport
- Private day-use rooms on the day of departure, May 21
- Most meals included—there are two dinners on own, one in Cape Town and one in the Winelands
- House wine, beer and some spirits, soft drinks and water are included during meals at Sabi Sabi Sands Bush Lodge
- Special enhancements:
- Cheetah Outreach—Opportunity to meet and get photos of a Cheetah
- Lunch at in Bo-Kaap in a local home—learn to cook Malay food when preparing your lunch with a local family
- Visit to Table Mountain
- Dinner at the famous Gold Restaurant
- Wine tasting at Vergelegen Estate, Margenster Estate and Anura Estate in the Winelands
- Lunch at Tokara Restaurant in the Winelands
- Dinner Under African Skies at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
- Visit to Soweto in Johannesburg—with visits to the former homes of Archbishop Tutu and Nelson Mandela
- One day with different included options for morning tour in Cape Town (participation may be limited)
- Option to visit and participate in cooking lunch at Rosie’s Soup Kitchen—feeding hundreds of local people that may not normally get a meal
- Option to take a surf lesson
- Option to visit Robben Island—notorious prison where Mandela was held
- Option to visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Option to visit Seal Island—home to 6,000 Cape Fur Seals
- Safari briefing conducted by your Micato Safari Director
- Two flights with all transfers
- Commercial flight from Cape Town to Skukuza, for Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
- Private charter flight from the Sabi Sabi to Johannesburg
- On safari, we will be in open Land Rovers
- Each vehicle is equipped with: ice chests with complementary beverages, safari library with wildlife books.
- An authentic safari hat as a welcome gift
- An Olivia safari vest (be sure and let us know your size)
- All entrance fees to parks (fees subject to increase)
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges for accommodations and included meals
- All porterage throughout
- All gratuities, including the Tour Managers, drivers, lodge and hotel staff, Rangers and Trackers
- Micato’s concierge service in Cape Town and Micato staff at all other hotels
- Hospitality Desk fully staffed throughout the day in Cape Town
- Olivia representative to accompany the group.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: This trip does require a level of mobility, as many of the tours involve a degree of walking and steps. Guests must be able to walk uphill, downhill and on uneven surfaces, and be able to walk stairs on a daily basis without assistance. Though portable wheel chairs and travel scooters can be collapsed and stored on the bus, we cannot guarantee that all hotels and gaming lodges are accessible. If you have a manual chair or a scooter, you must be traveling with someone who can assist you. If you do have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
PLEASE NOTE: that due to a small number of spaces, we will not be offering single occupancy or supplement at this time. If you are single and have a friend to share a room with, you will be asked to reserve your room together at the time of booking.
To learn more about your trip, please click here. For more information about what’s not included, and other things you should know before you go, please click here.
We will be offering an optional one-night pre-night hotel for those who wish to come in a day early and rest before the big adventure. A one-night pre-package with an airport meet and greet transfer with breakfast included will be available 11 months prior to trip. There will also be a three-night post-package to Victoria Falls and will be available 11 months prior to the trip. Please note, if you book a pre-hotel night on your own, and not through Olivia directly, the airport transfer is not included and the on-site concierge desk is not available until the program start date of May 11, 2020.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan.
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!