Sleigh bells ringing, beautiful lights glistening on pristine snow, mulled wine for your drinking and holiday music and singing...these are a few of the favorite things you will experience on this beautiful winter wonderland river cruise. For the third time, Olivia takes you to the delights of the winter season in Europe with a riverboat cruise through the Christmas Markets in Germany and Prague. Experience the festive food and drinks, lights, markets, and decorated trees of the holiday season. Bring your warm boots, jackets and mittens, and enjoy the festivities with the women of Olivia.
- Frankfurt / Wiesbaden, Germany
- Mainz, Germany
- Main River Village, Germany
- Würzburg, Germany
- Bamberg, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
- Prague, Czech Republic
For more information about your ship, Avalon's ms Tranquility II, click here.
- 1-night hotel in Frankfurt (breakfast) December 3
- Transfer from host hotel in Frankfurt to the ship on December 4
- Accommodations on Avalon’s Tranquility II riverboat for 5 nights, December 4-9
- Accommodations for 2 nights at Prague Hotel, December 9-11
- Included sightseeing tours in Mainz, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nuremburg and Prague
- Visits to several different Christmas markets
- All meals as indicated in itinerary below while on board the ship
- Breakfast at included Frankfurt & Prague hotels
- Wine, beer, or soft drinks with included onboard lunches and dinners
- Coffee, tea, juices during all meals on board the ship
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and teas on board the ship
- Cookies and fresh fruit available throughout the day on board the ship
- Complimentary bottled water replenished in rooms daily on board the ship
- Complimentary WiFi on board the ship
- Complimentary Nordic walking sticks on board the ship
- Transfer from ship in Nuremberg to Prague on December 9
- Tips to all local guide’s and bus drivers on all included tours and optional tours
- Gratuities toships staff and Avalon Cruise Director
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Olivia Staff assistance throughout
For more information about what’s not included, and other things you should know before you go, please click here.
What's Not Included
- Transfer from airport to host hotel in Frankfurt, hotel to airport in Prague, optional tours, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (except where indicated), meals not indicated in below itinerary
- Meals not on board the ship, with exception of Breakfast on Day 2 andBreakfast only Days 7, 8 and 9
- Laundry, phone/fax, and salon services
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Many of the tours are walking tours on cobblestone streets, with the possibility of snow and icy conditions. There are staircases on the ship, along with an accessible lift to assist guests with mobility issues. The lift does not go to the top deck, where often guests need to go to disembark the ship in some ports. Guests must be able to walk short amounts of stairs and 1-2 miles/day on uneven surfaces without assistance. Motorized wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on board, and may be difficult to maneuver during guided tours on land in the winter. Olivia will provide a “Gentle Walkers” group on included tours whenever possible to accommodate those who need a little more time to get from place to place. If you are not able to get on a bus or walk without assistance, you are required to bring someone who can assist you.
Flights need to arrive into Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) and depart out of Prague—Ruzyně International Airport (PRG). Flights may arrive anytime on December 3. Departures from Prague maybe any time on December 11, as we overnight in Prague on December 10.
We will be offering a 1-night post stretcher in Prague, December 8-9. This will be offered approximately 11 months prior to the trip date. click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!