Often referred to as Mexico’s Galápagos, Baja has one of the richest populations of sea life in the world. In true expedition style, experience the luxury of a flexible itinerary—but on a very beautiful ship, complete with a hot tub and sauna! Not only is this the best time to view a variety of sea life in the Sea of Cortez, it is the BEST time to view gray whales and their babies; these whales are very curious about humans and will sometimes come to the boats and allow themselves to be touched. Onboard naturalists will educate us about the wildlife as we watch for whales and dolphins, hike, swim, kayak, paddleboard, snorkel with sea lions, and bird watch. On past Olivia trips, we have seen over 50 whales—including blue (the world’s largest mammal), humpback, pilot, sperm, and others—and several schools of dolphins, numbering from 500 to 2,000 in each superpod!
- San José del Cabo and La Paz (embarkation)
- Isla San Francisco
- Isla Bahía Agua Verde
- Marine Life Search in Bahía Magdalena
- Captain’s Choice
- Los Islotes and Isla Partida
- Isla Espiritu Santo
- La Paz (disembarkation) and San José del Cabo
PLEASE NOTE: A passport is required on this itinerary. Itineraries are guidelines and will be adjusted as necessary to optimize your experience. Itinerary is subject to change.
To learn more about your ship, UnCruise Adventure's Safari Voyager, click here.
These trips require a high level of mobility, including navigating steep stairs on the ship, walking on rocky or uneven terrain, hiking up gentle hills, and getting in and out of zodiacs from the ship and shore. There are no elevators on the ship. If you do have limited mobility that requires assistance, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
- Accommodations for 8 days and 7 nights on board the UnCruise Adventures Safari Voyager
- Adventures galore:
- Watch for gray whales in Bahía Magdalena—these are the whales with the most curiosity about humans!
- Explore the Sea of Cortéz—UNESCO World Heritage Site—a “natural aquarium” rich in marine life
- Watch for whales, mobula rays, dolphins, and birds
- Island-hopping exploration—hike, kayak, paddleboard, and explore by skiff
- Burro ride into arroyos with local rancheros
- Snorkel with sea lion pups and colorful reef fish
- Zodiac rides and use of snorkeling equipment, wet suits, kayaks, and paddleboards
- Expertise of ship’s onboard naturalist staff
- All alcoholic drinks (including wine), soft drinks, coffee, and tea
- Bus to Magdalena Bay
- Transfers from and to Los Cabos International Airport on January 30 and February 6, 2021
- All port charges, special access permits, service fees, and taxes while on board the ship (covered by your $499 per-person NDAs)
- All gratuities to local guides and crew on board the ship (covered by NDAs)
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
To learn more about your trip, including what’s not included, please click here. For more detailed information about what to know before you go, please click here.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan.
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!