Tucked away in the Andes Mountain range, above the Sacred Valley and just northwest of Cusco, stands Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, believed to have been a royal estate or sacred religious site for Inca leaders, whose civilization was virtually wiped out by the Spanish invaders in the 16th century. The Citadel was built around 1450 and though Machu Picchu was not thought to have been discovered by the Spanish, it was abandoned a century later during the time of the Spanish Conquest. Although known by the locals, this great Citadel remained unknown to the outside world until being brought to international attention in 1911 by the American historian, Hiram Bingham. Historians believe that Machu Picchu was built at the height of the Inca Empire and is made up of more than 150 buildings, ranging from baths and houses to temples and sanctuaries. To walk through Machu Picchu is to walk through history, with many of its buildings still standing, irrigation systems working and the pure grandeur of this great Citadel still strong. Join us for an incredible journey to Machu Picchu.
- Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
For more information about your accommodations, click here.
- Transportation from the Lima International Airport to the Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel
- Two-Nights hotel in Lima at the Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel
- Dinner at Casa de Aliaga
- Airport assistance in Lima for flight to Cusco
- Flight from Lima to Cusco*
- Airport assistance in Cusco with tour, lunch at the Hacienda Sarapampa and transportation to Tambo del Inka Luxury Collection
Resort & Spa in Urubamba
- Two-Nights hotel in Urubamba at the Tambo del Inka Luxury Collection Resort & Spa • Local tours in the Sacred Valley
- Luxury Hiram Bingham train to Machu Picchu*
Optional Vistadome train to kilometer 104 for day Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu***
(please refer to Tuesday, September 15 in Day-by-Day Itinerary for detailed information)
- Luxury Hiram Bingham train from Machu Picchu to Cusco*
- One day guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Three entry tickets to Machu Picchu
- Entry to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain
- Two-Nights hotel in Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu at the Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel
- Two-Nights in Cusco at the JW Marriot el Convento Cusco Hotel
- Local tour in Cucso
- Transportation to Cusco airport
- Flight from Cusco to Lima airport*
- Airport assistance in Lima and Cusco
- One night or day room at Wyndham Costa del Sol Hotel at the Lima airport**
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Gratuities for guides and coach drivers (covered in NDA fees)
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
* Cost subject to change
** Hotel at the Wyndham Costa del Sol Hotel is for those that will fly back to their hometown on September 19 after 9 pm or September 20 at any time.
*** Optional alternate tour onSeptember 15 has an extra charge. Inquire with our Travel Consultants at time of booking. Please also check physical requirements for this optional tour.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be able to walk long distances, up and down stairs, up varied inclines, down varied declines and over very uneven ground to do this tour. We will be at elevations ranging from sea level in Lima to over 11,000 feet in Cusco.
ADDED PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GUESTS ON THE OPTIONAL INCA TRAIL HIKE FROM KILOMETER 104:
Tuesday, September 15
- Must be able to hike at elevations higher than 7,000 feet for a minimum of 8 miles with a vertical climb of almost 1,000 feet
- Hike over cobblestones, grass, dirt trails, stairs made out of rocks and of varying sizes
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan.
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!