About Our Destination
Being Gay in Mexico
Mexico’s beach cities are very gay-friendly. In fact, three states have legalized same-sex civil unions.
In October, Tulum usually has highs of 86°F/30°C and lows of 75°F/24°C.
The local currency is the Mexican Peso but US Dollars are accepted and can be exchanged at the resort, if needed.
Spanish and English
Before Your Trip
What is Included?
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights at the all-inclusive oceanfront Dreams Tulum, Mexico Resort
- All meals at six à la carte restaurants, a buffet, a café or a grill
- International and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of seven bars and lounges
- Personalized beach and pool service
- Room accommodations featuring radio alarm clocks, flat screen televisions, coffee makers, hairdryer, iron/ironing board and other standard comforts and amenities
- In-room mini-bar with beer, juices, soft drinks and bottled water
- Beach, pool and land activities including: tennis, ping-pong, shuffle board, bocce ball, dance lessons, beach and water volleyball, euro-bungee, beach hiking, beach soccer, yoga, water aerobics, and kayaking
- Air-conditioned fitness center outfitted with a full range of state-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Complimentary green fees at the Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Unlimited Wi-Fi connectivity
- Round-trip airport transfers from the Cancún International airport (CUN)
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia® which offers hydrotherapy, jungle and beach treatment rooms, indigenous Mayan treatments including the traditional Mayan Temazcal spa ceremony*
- Experience the on-site Dive Shop offering diving, snorkeling, and fishing*
- Adventure outside of the resort with an optional excursion such as Tulum Ruins, Cenotes, Coba, Xcaret Eco-Archaeological Park, Chichen Itza and more*
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare to and from Cancún (CUN) airport
- Traveler insurance
- Tips to local guides
- Optional excursions
- Resort services such as boutique, spa, optional tours, medical attention and other incidentals
Unexpected events can cause you to cancel your vacation. Because we are committed to this charter, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined in our Olivia Terms & Conditions.
2021 DREAMS TULUM, MEXICO RESORT
Cancellation 365 days or more prior to trip date
50% of trip cost
Cancellation 0-364 days prior to trip date
100% of trip cost
Community: Joining the Facebook Trip Group
If you would like to chat with people who are going on the trip, join Olivia’s Dreams Tulum, Mexico Resort 2021 Official group page on Facebook.
Olivia Honeymoon and Celebration Registration
Register at Olivia Honeymoon Wishes for your honeymoon, anniversary, or other special celebration; browse through the selections and let your friends know just how easy it is for them to purchase a gift for you.
Passport and Visa
You will need a passport that is valid for six months past the date of the trip. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check with both your country’s consulate and the Mexican consulate to make sure that you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
If your birthday falls on a date during the trip, or you will celebrate an anniversary or any other special event during the week of your trip that you have not already told your Olivia Travel Consultant about, please let us know as soon as possible, but no less than 90 days prior to the trip.
Specific Needs—Medical, Mobility, Dietary, and Otherwise
If you have medical, mobility, or dietary requirements that you have not already told your Olivia Travel Consultant about, please let us know as soon as possible, but no less than 90 days prior to the trip. Additional information on this topic can be found in this document in About Our Destination > Activity Level.
Olivia recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your trip investment against the unexpected. Visit our Insurance page olivia.com/travel-insurance for more information.
Please check with your local public health department or personal physician regarding immunization recommendations for your itinerary. You may also check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website at www.cdc.gov. Just click on “Traveler’s Health” and then “Vaccinations.”
Travel and arrival
You will need to fly into and out of Cancún International Airport (CUN).
Please check our airline discounts page for the latest discounts: http://olivia.com/Travel/CalendarContent/AirfareDeals.aspx
Arrive any time on October 23, 2021 and depart any time on October 30, 2021. Official check in time is
3 pm. If you arrive early, you can store your luggage and enjoy the resort until your room is available.
While there is no luggage limit at the resort, airlines often restrict (or charge) for excess baggage. Because each airline is different, and the regulations change over time, please check with your airline for baggage allowances.
Olivia’s Preferred Travel Agency
We are pleased to announce Olivia’s partnership with Conlin Travel. Conlin Travel is one of the “Top 50” Travel Agencies in the country ranked alongside some of the globe’s largest agencies. In business for almost 60 years, Conlin Travel’s core belief is aligned with Olivia’s in delivering personal concierge service to each and every traveler, every time. A full-service, gay-friendly agency with staff located across the country, Conlin Travel looks forward to assisting you with your air travel and hotel reservations for stays outside of Olivia’s pre- and post-trip packages. For air and hotel bookings, a small fee will be applied to your overall cost. For assistance, please call Conlin Travel: 1-888-278-1698
Olivia Travel Gear Store
To help you get ready for your vacation, we’ve partnered with New Headings to create Olivia Travel Gear, our own online gear and apparel store, featuring items from leading brands, including Craghoppers, Patagonia, Teva, Outdoor Research, and Eagle Creek. Visit olivia.newheadings.com for more information!
Transfers to the resort
Your round-trip transfers to and from Cancún (CUN) airport are included on October 23 and October 30, 2021. If you purchase pre- or post-nights through Olivia, your transfers will be included on your arrival and departure days according to your flight times. We will request your flight information approximately 90 days in advance of the trip to ensure you receive your transfer. The airport is approximately 90 minutes from the resort.
During your trip
Enjoy all-inclusive meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner – in six à la carte restaurants, a buffet, a café or a grill; and all-inclusive alcohol, soft drinks and water.
- Bordeaux – French cuisine
- El Patio – Authentic Mexican cuisine
- Gohan – Sushi
- Himitsu – Pan Asian cuisine
- Portofino – Italian cuisine and wine cellar
- Seaside Grill – Seafood specialties
- World Café – International buffet
- Coco Café – Premium coffee and snacks
- Barefoot Grill – Light lunch specialties
The rooms have 110 volt electricity, the same as the U.S.
Since the resort is just ten minutes from the enchanting Tulum ruins and downtown Tulum, it’s easy to immerse yourself in the prevalent Mayan culture during your Olivia vacation at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa. Surrounded by jungle, the best beaches in Mexico, and surreal Cenotes (meaning “sacred well” in Mayan), there are many natural and ancient wonders to discover. Excursions are an additional charge; you will be able to book a few weeks in advance of the trip or at the resort after you arrive.
Gratuities to resort staff are included in the cost of the trip.
There is a hair dryer in your room. If you prefer a stronger wattage, we encourage you to bring your own.
Experience Unlimited Connectivity with free Wifi throughout the resort.
Laundry is available for a fee.
There is an infirmary at the resort. Standard fees are charged for medical services.
Sisters at Play & Friends
Olivia’s Sisters at Play & Friends program is dedicated to promoting and celebrating the diversity on our trips. Meet your Sisters at Play coordinator so you can find out about the special events we have planned for you during the week. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun.
Guest rooms and public indoor spaces are non-smoking areas. Guests may smoke on their balconies. Some outdoor public areas are non-smoking – outdoor smoking areas will be designated.
Traveling solo? Be sure to attend the Solos Welcome on the first day, where you will meet your Olivia Solos Coordinator who will share your solos program for the week. We plan dozens of activities for our solo travelers, including a designated solos excursion. In addition, we organize a solos dining area for all meals and reserve a seating section for the nightly shows.
Indulge and relax at the resort’s spa. Traditional massages and spa packages are available for a fee.
Each room has a phone with free calling to the US, Canada and local landlines via the AM Resort app, which can be downloaded upon arrival to the resort.
After your Trip
Check out is 12 pm on October 30, 2021.
Transfers to the airport
Roundtrip airport transfers are included on arrival and departure day. Departure information will be available at the resort.
Pre- or post-stays
Pre- and post-nights are based on availability. Ask your Travel Consultant for more information.
Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check out our Olivia travel FAQ. Or call us at 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700, option 1.