Welcome to France! You’ll arrive in Paris and then continue on by motorcoach to fascinating Beaune for
an included visit of Hôtel-Dieu, or you may choose a complimentary wine-tasting tour. Next, board your
ship in quaint St. Jean de Losne and set sail for lovely Macon, France’s gastronomic capital of Lyon, as
well as medieval Tournon, charming Viviers, Avignon, and Arles. Daylight permitting, sail into the peaceful
Camargue area. Book early, as this trip sold out in 2018!
- Paris / Dijon-Beaune / St. Jean de Losne / Seurre
- Seurre / Mâcon
- Tournon / Tain-l'Hermitage / Viviers
- Port Saint-Louis
For more information about your ship, Avalon's ms Poetry II, click here.
- Early morning transfer from host hotel in Paris to the ship in St. Jean de Losne on July 7, with a stop
in Beaune with included tour (choice of Wine Tasting or the Hotel Dieu Tour) (travel time is approx.
5 hours). Included sightseeing tours in Beaune, Macon, Lyon, Tournon, Viviers, Avignon and Arles.
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights in Comfort Collection beds with Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- All meals while on board, with a French cheese and French cuisine option each evening
- Wines from France's most famous wine regions, beer, or soft drinks with lunches and dinners and
complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast
- Coffee, tea, and juices during all meals
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and teas throughout the day
- Cookies and fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Complimentary bottled water replenished in rooms daily
- Complimentary WiFi on board
- Complimentary bicycles available for time on shore
- Complimentary Nordic walking sticks
- Gratuities to ship staff (if you wish to tip more, this is up to you)
- Gratuities to your tour guide and bus driver (if you wish to tip more, this is up to you)
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Local Entertainment, commentaries while cruising and historic talks by local expert and
Avalon Cruise Director
- Group transfer from ship in Port Saint-Louis to Marseille airport on July 14 (for flights departing after 10:30 AM)
- Olivia Staff assistance throughout
PLEASE NOTE: These trips do require a level of mobility, as most of the tours are walking tours for up to 3 hours, which may include walking on cobblestone streets and stairs. A “Gentle Walkers” Group is offered on most included walking tours, which accommodates those needing a little extra time and sometimes a shortened version
of a tour, keeping in mind as few stairs as possible. If you are bringing a portable wheel chair or collapsible
travel scooter, they must be able to collapse and be stored in your cabins. They cannot be used to get
around the ship, only to use while off the ship. They may be used on tours that are accessible, but that can
be difficult because of the cobblestone streets, stairwells, and need to lift them up on curbs. If you do have
limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
To learn more about your trip, please click here. For more information about what’s not included, and other things you should know before you go, please click here.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan
We will be offering a 1-, 2- and 3-night pre-vacation stretcher in Paris, France (July 6-7, July 5-7, and July 4-7). We will also offer an opportunity to experience Bastille Day in France with a post-vacation stretcher in
Marseille July 14-15 and July 14-16. More information will be available 9-11 months prior to the trip.
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!