Cruise the Rhine River with the women of Olivia, starting in the extremely LGBTQ-friendly city of Amsterdam and ending in delightful Basel. How better to visit Holland, Germany, France, and Switzerland all within a week’s time? Stroll along the canals learning about Amsterdam’s amazing history, view fields of vividly colored tulips in bloom, experience castles on the Rhine, and enjoy the fabled Black Forest, where Cuckoo clocks are made. Included walking or city tours in most ports ensure you see the best of the best as you immerse yourself in the rich local cultures. Pastries, cheese, and chocolate will be treats for the taste buds along the way!
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands (all aboard at 5 pm)
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Cologne, Germany
- Koblenz, Rhine Gorge, and Rüdesheim, Germany
- Mainz and Heidelberg, Germany
- Strasbourg, France
- Breisach, Germany
- Basel, Switzerland (disembark)
*Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, locks, schedule, river traffic, and water levels.
For more information about your ship, Avalon's Expression, click here.
*Itinerary subject to change
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights on the Avalon Expression, one of the finest riverboats on the Rhine
- All meals while on board
- Champagne with breakfast; coffee, tea, and juices with all meals; beer, wine, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner; and bottled water replenished in cabin daily
- Standard wifi in all cabins and public areas
- Olivia entertainment and programming as well as local entertainment
- Included sightseeing tours in each port
- Gratuities to ship crew and Avalon cruise director
- Group transfer from the ship in Basel to the Zürich airport on April 20, 2021
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
To learn more about your trip, including what’s not included, please click here. For more detailed information about what to know before you go, please click here.
This trip requires a moderate to high level of mobility, as most of the tours are walking tours (including walking on cobblestone streets and navigating some stairs). If you are bringing a portable wheelchair and scooter, they may be used only on tours, not on the ship. Because of the limited space on the ship, they cannot be driven to your cabin or other parts of the ship and will need to be collapsed and stored in your cabin. On tours, the usefulness of a portable wheelchair or scooter may be limited because we will be navigating cobblestone streets with hard curbs (no curb cutouts) and stairs.
There is a lot of walking on these trips. We highly recommend that you start walking daily now to ensure that by the time we depart you are comfortable walking between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day (approximately 5-7.5 miles [8-12 kilometers]) and thereby may fully enjoy all that this trip has to offer!
If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!