There is no better time to visit Cuba than right now. The country is poised for major change. It is rooted firmly in the past as evidenced by the crumbling colonial architecture and the vintage cars, and it is reaching for the future with newfound freedoms such as privately operated restaurants and new avenues for commerce and personal expression. As the country mourns the death of their long-time leader, Fidel Castro, they look to the future with a hunger and an energy that is palpable. With just 28 women, you’ll explore the Cuba you’ve seen in movies – classic car rides on the Malecón, cocktails at Hotel Nacional, Hemingway’s home, Finca Vigìa, a special Buena Vista Social Club performance, and a walking tour of Old Havana. All a photographer's dream! You’ll also see the Cuba of today with tours to family farms, cooking demonstrations, a visit to a local community center, a cigar and rum tasting, and an outing to the national LGBT center. As a highlight, you’ll learn about Cuba’s economic past, present, and future from a local professor’s vantage point. Join us as we explore the sights, sounds, tastes, and culture of Cuba – connecting with people only as Olivia can.
- Miami, FL
- Havana, Cuba
- Varadero, Cuba
- Cuban visa through “People to People” exchange
- Travel documents and departure tax
- Pre-trip briefing and visa prep at host hotel in Miami at 6 PM on May 20
- One-night hotel accommodation at host hotel in Miami on May 20
- Complimentary hotel shuttle service from hotel to airport on May 21
- Roundtrip charter flights between Miami and Havana on May 21 and May 29
- Five-nights’ accommodations at Hotel Meliá Cohíba in Havana on May 21 – 26
- Three-nights’ accommodations at Hotel Iberostar Varadero on May 26 – 29
- Most meals in Cuba – 23 (8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners as indicated on itinerary B/L/D), including authentic Cuban cuisine at local restaurants and private paladares throughout your trip. A choice of beverage will be included with each meal.
- Eight days of “People to People” educational exchange in Havana and Varadero
- All ground transportation in Cuba
- Local Cuban guide, fluent in both English & Spanish
- Olivia tour leader, fluent in both Spanish & English
- Gratuities to guide, driver, hotel and restaurant staff; all taxes, admission fees, porterage
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Air transportation to/from Miami
- Luggage fees
- Additional or premium beverages other than those included in meals
- Incidentals, internet access, and other items of a personal nature
For more information about things you should know before you go, please click here.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover:
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-570 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!